Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In Movie "Australia"


When I was in Australia last year there was the movie Australia being filmed near where i was living on my sailboat. I went to be an extra and got hired as long as i cut my hair short. I was on set for about a mth. as a Military Service Woman.
Then one day on set the director, Baz came to me and asked me to sit in this office and say a line. Well, was i nervous! I just thought i was going to be some extra in the back ground running around. I had to do 3 takes since my mind went blank. My line was "I'm getting a signal from Mission Island." This is when the Japanese were coming to Oz to bomb during the WW2. Nicole Kidman was on set and told me i did a good job. My name is in the credits as well!
It was such an amazing experience and one i never imagined. It is amazing what life brings to you when you are open to it. I have always been one to go with the flow. I have travelled alot so with that comes many experiences. There is a world of opportunities you just have to go for it and have faith in yourself that anything is possible.
This is a photo of me (middle, tallest with nurse bag) and the girls on set.

No comments:

Post a Comment